Sep 12, 2011
Matrix will be implementing the leadership program in the 2012 season. Each girl needs to have opportunities to lead, and be led. Every week the Director will meet with the team individually for a leadership session. The players will learn how to give constructive critisism, and take constructive critisism. They will learn their role and responsibilities within the team, which goes well beyond showing up for practices. The team will learn how to set goals individually and as a unit.
This country is starving for leaders. In general, we have produced a generation of followers. The only thing we can do about it is to teach our children to be leaders.
Athletics gives us extraordinary opportunities to teach our daughters to be leaders. They need to be given the tools to lead themselves first, lead others next, and then lead their teams to victory.
Matrix will be sharing a leadership program that will help them develop & mature in ways that will help them everyday. This program gives them the self confidence to make the right choices when peer pressure is at its highest level. This program will help our daughters:
- Increase Self Esteem & Confidence
- Make Correct Choices (not following the crowd)
- Increase Communication Skills (verbal & physical)
- Increase Trust in Team
- Increase Relationship Building Skills
- Increase Leadership Abilities
I am very excited to share this program with our daughters. We have been working very hard on it in the off season. It will be a journey the girls will take individually, and as a team. If you have any more questions regarding the Matrix Leadership Program, please contact Jeff @ 602.388.6305.
Nov 11, 2009
n. pl. ma·trix·es or ma·tri·ces(m?’tr?-s?z’, m?t’r?-)
- A surrounding substance within which something else originates, develops, or is contained.
We are called Club Matrix because we want to create an environment where a girl can feel safe, and develop from ordinary to extraordinary. At Club Matrix the development of your daughter’s skill is the most important issue during practice. When she steps into the gym, we have prepared ourselves to give the best coaching on the west side of the valley. We have done our homework in the off season to take our club to an elite status. We went out and researched the qualities of elite clubs and are implementing them in the 2010 Club Matrix season including:
- Jump Program- We have a jump program that is second to none. It is a program that takes 8 weeks to build up to the full intensity. We will train the jumping muscles to be explosive! We will track and record your vertical jump, and set goals for future vertical reach.
- Matrix Leadership Program-Athletics gives us a unique opportunity to test our limits & capabilities. It also serves as a perfect environment to build leadership. In this “matrix” we can intentionally develop our players into leaders. There are many different types of leaders such as emotional, physical, intellectual, and verbal. We have a program that will give the girls tools to become better leaders. It will be exciting to watch them grow into their own.
- Matrix Coaching Staff-As the player develops & grows so must the instruction. We have enlisted some of the most talented coaching staff in the valley. We start with the fundamentals with the 12′s and build upon their skills as they progress to older teams. The older girls have coaches that have instructed and played at the University level. This is a great club to grow and develop with.
If any questions, or would like to know more please call Jeff @ 602.388.6305.