Nov 11, 2009
n. pl. ma·trix·es or ma·tri·ces(m?’tr?-s?z’, m?t’r?-)
- A surrounding substance within which something else originates, develops, or is contained.
We are called Club Matrix because we want to create an environment where a girl can feel safe, and develop from ordinary to extraordinary. At Club Matrix the development of your daughter’s skill is the most important issue during practice. When she steps into the gym, we have prepared ourselves to give the best coaching on the west side of the valley. We have done our homework in the off season to take our club to an elite status. We went out and researched the qualities of elite clubs and are implementing them in the 2010 Club Matrix season including:
- Jump Program- We have a jump program that is second to none. It is a program that takes 8 weeks to build up to the full intensity. We will train the jumping muscles to be explosive! We will track and record your vertical jump, and set goals for future vertical reach.
- Matrix Leadership Program-Athletics gives us a unique opportunity to test our limits & capabilities. It also serves as a perfect environment to build leadership. In this “matrix” we can intentionally develop our players into leaders. There are many different types of leaders such as emotional, physical, intellectual, and verbal. We have a program that will give the girls tools to become better leaders. It will be exciting to watch them grow into their own.
- Matrix Coaching Staff-As the player develops & grows so must the instruction. We have enlisted some of the most talented coaching staff in the valley. We start with the fundamentals with the 12′s and build upon their skills as they progress to older teams. The older girls have coaches that have instructed and played at the University level. This is a great club to grow and develop with.
If any questions, or would like to know more please call Jeff @ 602.388.6305.
Sep 15, 2009
Matrix 2009/2010 Season
This season will be Matrix’s second season in the west valley and it begins in November. Our first season was a blast, and we definitely learned a lot! This year we are happy that all the coaching staff is returning, and we have a few additions! Matrix is growing, and the fun and excitement is infectious! We welcome all girls ages 9-18 who want to go from ordinary to extraordinary! We need girls who want to win, and build character.
Some of the things that make us different from other clubs;
- MATRIX is an elite smaller club.
One of the advantages of a smaller club is more individual coaching for the players. Your daughter won’t get lost in the huge numbers of a large club. Another advantage is the “family atmosphere” that MATRIX provides. In a small club, you will always have access to the Club Director (Jeff Ritter). The Club Director actually has contacted the parents from last year to assist in setting goals for the players this season.
- MATRIX Club Director is hands on.
Jeff will be coaching the 14’s again and is very excited for another awesome season. Jeff is also at nearly all the other team’s practices to help guide and assist the other coaches & players. Jeff is always talking to parents to find out their thoughts, and what MATRIX could improve.
- MATRIX has a high-performance jump program.
MATRIX has developed an elite jump program that will dramatically improve your daughter’s vertical leap. This program is customized to each age level. This is a program shared only to the MATRIX players. Your daughters leap will be recorded, tracked, developed, and drastically improved. Get ready to fly!
- MATRIX has highly qualified staff.
MATRIX seeks out the most qualified personnel that share a love for the game of volleyball. We seek people that understand the big picture. Winning isn’t everything… but wanting to win is! We are here to build character, heart, and positive attitudes. In order to help our player build these attributes, our personnel must possess these qualities.
These are just a few things that make MATRIX different from other clubs. There are many great clubs out there. You just need to pick the right fit for your daughter. Ask yourself, “Where will my daughter thrive & succeed?” We have tried to put a club together where a girl at any skill level can excel & perform at her peak.